Non-urgent advice: Prescriptions – Important Information
NHS Ayrshire and Arran has agreed with GP practices and Community pharmacies to have a standardised time frame for ordering of repeat prescriptions. This change will commence on Monday 20th February 2023. We are asking for support from our patients to do the following:
1. Please now allow seven working days from initially ordering your repeat prescription to collecting your medication at your community pharmacy
2. Order all of your required prescription items at the same time – your community pharmacist can facilitate alignment when required
3. If you are on regular medication for a long term condition we are reviewing this for any medication that may be able to be placed on CMS, this would enable 6 month supplies to be issued for your chemist to dispense on a 2 monthly basis. Going forward the pharmacy would order the medication for you. If any patient is suitable for this the pharmacy team will be in touch.
Thank you for your continued support.
GP’s and staff Portland/Meadowgreen Surgery
NHS Ayrshire & Arran app
Group A Streptococcus: What you need to know
Group A streptococcus (GAS), also known as strep A is a common bacteria which causes mild infections. These are usually mild but on some rare occasions can become a more serious infection known as invasive Group A Strep (iGAS).
What to look out for:
You know your child best and should always trust your instinct when they are unwell. Speak to your GP or call 111 if your child’s symptoms are getting worse.
Always call 999 or go to the emergency department if your child:
- Is having difficulty breathing
- Their skin, tongue or lips are blue
- Is floppy and will not wake up or stay awake.
Help to reduce risk:
Strep A is spread when people are in close contact. It’s important both adults and children take the following steps to help reduce the risk of catching or spreading infections:
- Wash their hands properly with soap for 20 seconds
- Use a disposable tissue to catch coughs and sneezes
- Keep away from others when feeling unwell
For more information visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/strepA
Aggressive and Abusive Behaviour
Over the past 2 years our admin staff have been receiving increasing levels of abuse.
This has now reached an unacceptable level resulting in three of our staff leaving.
We operate a zero tolerance policy to aggressive/abusive behaviour.
Anybody abusing our staff will be removed from our list with no further warning.
Domestic abuse can take many forms. It’s not just physical abuse, it also includes coercive and controlling behaviour. If you are, or someone you know is experiencing violent, abusive or controlling behaviour, help is available. Controlling behaviour takes away your choices in life and the things that make you, you. It can happen to anyone in an intimate relationship. You don’t need to live with your partner to experience domestic abuse. It’s important to talk to someone if you think you are experiencing domestic abuse. If you’re not ready to report it, you can still seek support. To speak in confidence call Scotland’s Domestic Abuse Helpline on 0800 027 1234. For more info visit safer.scot
Out of Hours and Emergencies
Should you require a doctor in an emergency when the surgery is closed, dial the surgery number and you will be given the telephone number for NHS 24. The service is for urgent or emergency problems that cannot wait until the surgery opens the following day.
You will be triaged by a nurse, who will assess the urgency of your call. If you need to see a doctor, you will be asked if it is possible for you to attend one of the treatment centres and an appointment will be arranged. If you are unable to attend a treatment centre a Doctor will visit you at home.
The NHS 24 telephone number is 111
The NHS 24 website is www.nhs24.com
Are you currently on a patient waiting list?28th March 2023
NHS Scotland is using a new text message service to ensure our patient waiting lists are up to date and that patients still need their appointments or operations.
REPLACEMENT NHS HEARING AID BATTERIES are now available at BOTH SURGERIES17th August 2020
If you have a NHS hearing aid we can provide … Read more
MSK SERVICE17th November 2019
WE DO HAVE A PHYSIOTHERAPIST WORKING WITHIN THE PRACTICE.